1489 of 64508 members online
Coffee Machines 720 GetFrank GymJunkie Menu Mania Snow Surf Varsity
//

Forgot Your Password? Create Account
[quote]
Bahahahahahaha!

They wouldn't let old RG into Spy bar last night for David Beckham's little bash and now poor Rach is throwing her toys everywhere...

http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/spy-rachel-glucina/2008/12/4/why-david-beckhams-visit-flop/?c_id=1501119
[quote]
she has the nerve to call the arc woman self important?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
[quote]
Laughing Laughing Laughing
[quote]
ARC staff are full of self importance?! When did that happen?!
[quote]
Ugh. She is so trash dressed up as glitz, that woman. The way she writes, the nit picking, the pseudo 'fame' that she carries like it is a trophy. Her blogs are full of taking the piss out of people. She is like a D grade episode of Gossip Girl (which I've only seen twice)

She should be ashamed of herself. Hidious vulture.
[quote]
quote:
And we watched him like voyeurs.


And what else was everyone there for?
[quote]
I always used to wonder who read gossip columns. Now I know. It's fish_boy.
[quote]
LooneyBun said:
I always used to wonder who read gossip columns. Now I know. It's fish_boy.



Hey! Hi Rachel!
[quote]
LOL.... Her article quotes some lass complaining that he just sat in the corner of Spy protected by an invisible wall of minders...

Newsflash Miss Pro-Ho, you went there because you knew he'd be there. Did you think he would walk around and talk to a group of people ogling at him and maybe chance upon you in your probably House Of G get-up?

At least when Bono/Scarlet Johansson etc go to Crow the other customers there are decent enough to just get on with their night and leave them to it.
[quote]
I'm pretty bewildered by the appeal of David Beckham but even more so Victoria, the walking Mannequin.

But then I don't really follow soccer closely...was he actually that good? Good enough to warrant his current status?
[quote]
David Beckham is beautiful

Unlike Rachel Glucina, it seems, from her pics. Whatever happened to NFC?
[quote]
Lets just clarify something here...

This lady is a gossip columnist.

And she's complaining about David Beckham being treated like umm err a celebrity?

Ultimate irony there. Very Happy
[quote]
I feel stupier from reading that..

and I must be.. because I did.
[quote]
RobW said:
LOL.... Her article quotes some lass complaining that he just sat in the corner of Spy protected by an invisible wall of minders...

Newsflash Miss Pro-Ho, you went there because you knew he'd be there. Did you think he would walk around and talk to a group of people ogling at him and maybe chance upon you in your probably House Of G get-up?

At least when Bono/Scarlet Johansson etc go to Crow the other customers there are decent enough to just get on with their night and leave them to it.



Actually, Rob, he was probably there to make an appearance for the club, like the way Paris Hilton gets mega-bucks to show up at a club. Being famous is his job, and he gets paid mega-bucks for it. So really he was at work at Spy, and it wouldn't have hurt for him to have tried to do his job at least a little bit like he was enjoying it, because a quick smile and nice hello to (hard for you to keep your misogyny in check isn't it Rob?) "Pro-Ho" wins you a fan for life. And at the end of the day millions of individuals make up the fans that pay him.
[quote]
fish_boy said:
Actually, Rob, he was probably there to make an appearance for the club, like the way Paris Hilton gets mega-bucks to show up at a club.


No, he was not. Fact.

fish_boy said:
Being famous is his job, and he gets paid mega-bucks for it. So really he was at work at Spy, and it wouldn't have hurt for him to have tried to do his job..


Like anyone who had to suffer his sort of attention daily for decades I imagine him and his minders would 'smell' a scenario made up of people desperate to get a bit of him... simply easier to avoid it altogether. He's still a human and probably hates being leered at like a caged monkey. Most likely he was there out of contractual obligation and not to impress anyone.
[quote]
I think your post contains mutually contradictory statements Rob...
[quote]
I'll frame this girl a bit better.

"One disappointed promo girl who was at Spy described the situation best: "Becks and the guys sat in their own corner with his bodyguards around. I couldn't get near. None of us could"

Sane, reasonable people don't say things like that imo.

If it was Jesus it might be excusable, but not a soccer player/celeb.
[quote]
fish_boy said:
I think your post contains mutually contradictory statements Rob...


Re: "For the club".. were you referring to Spy bar or the soccer team? If it was for Spy, you're wrong. If it was for the soccer team then probably right.
[quote]
I dunno, I think its perfectly understandable to be a bit disappointed to not even get a quick "work the floor" from the great man.

I don't "get" the celeb thing. I hear tell Bill Clinton had people going gah gah when he was here for that APEC(?) thing back in the bad old Shipley days, but he was actually famous for being something - i.e. President of the United States.

But anyway, this thread really isn't about running down David Beckham or promo girls or my favourite place Spy Bar, it's about laughing at the the ludicrous pomposity of Rachel Glucina.
[quote]
fish_boy said:
.this thread really ..about laughing at the the ludicrous pomposity of Rachel Glucina.


QFT. Will be having a word to the editor about this.. Wink
[quote]
From what I herd the last visit by LA Galaxy was considered a resounding success by most.

I really don't think its about making $$$ anyway...
[quote]
Rips said:
From what I herd the last visit by LA Galaxy was considered a resounding success by most.

I really don't think its about making $$$ anyway...



But that was in Wellington - they are impressedd by muskets and glass beads down there.
[quote]
Rips said:
From what I herd the last visit by LA Galaxy was considered a resounding success by most.


the last visit was to wellington, not auckland Embarassed
[quote]
hmm somewhat irrelevant to my point.

Its for the kids innit.
[quote]
fish_boy said:


I don't "get" the celeb thing. I hear tell Bill Clinton had people going gah gah when he was here for that APEC(?) thing back in the bad old Shipley days, but he was actually famous for being something - i.e. President of the United States.


David Beckham is a better human being than Bill Clinton.
[quote]
RobW said:
"One disappointed promo girl who was at Spy described the situation best: "Becks and the guys sat in their own corner with his bodyguards around. I couldn't get near. None of us could"


Haha! Wonder who that was? Was standing there with Jana who went "i'm going to go talk to david" and walked up and said hi... promo girl must have been too ugly Fishy
[quote]
even zenny got to touch becks. how must that make that poor promo girl feel?
[quote]
I know someone who went to school with her and told me that she once got busted masturbating in the toilets.

Shocked
[quote]
a*gunrack said:
I know someone who went to school with her and told me that she once got busted masturbating in the toilets.

Shocked


Sounds like an urban myth
[quote]
Of course they are going to keep a promo girl away. Companies pay millions to have their brand associated with David Beckham. If the promo girl had been let closer and someone took a photo, that would be worth shitloads to their brand.

Either that or she was just mingin Music
[quote]
has beckham sunk to b list sleb status? tix now going on 2 for 1 basis as only 14,000 sold
[quote]
I wouldn't let 99% of promo girls near David Beckham if Big Boys Toys was anything to go by.
[quote]
Night Rider said:
has beckham sunk to b list sleb status? tix now going on 2 for 1 basis as only 14,000 sold

Not as much hype since he was here less than a year ago doing the same sort of thing.
[quote]
His bodyguards prob dont let young fit ladies near, you know, with the loos scandal and all that.
[quote]
the event has been badly promoted. Remember last year you got 2 games for less than the price of the tickets in Auckland for 1, and they had open training sessions for the kids to go watch, but they closed off the Auckland ones. ARC has right royally fucked this up i reckon, shame, had good potential.


And Laughing Rachel Glucina.
[quote]
I got invited to this party.. too bad i was still recovering from the weekend as it sounds like it was quite good.
[quote]
PFunk said:
I wouldn't let 99% of promo girls near David Beckham if Big Boys Toys was anything to go by.


Laughing Laughing Laughing Even moreso because it's so true. NZ promos girls have lost their mojo.
[quote]
Attn Rachel: Becks was in the back bar at Sale St for about two hours on Saturday night and talked to many people.. Obviously you missed it - there seemed to be some sort of body-mass-index criteria for females wanting to enter the room.

One of his minders was even cool enough to tell me some funny stories about efforts people have gone to recently to get near David. Razz
[quote]
obviously not that many people gave a crap about beckham coming to nz judging by turnout to the actual game.
[quote]
I heard that mentioned this morning on Radio Sport that he rocked on in to a bar and chatted with a few people on the weekend.

I imagine people like him would rather go to some random place than to some form of organised event where people are there for the purpose of oggling or getting close to him.
[quote]
codpiece said:
obviously not that many people gave a crap about beckham coming to nz judging by turnout to the actual game.

I think there were a few factors in it.

1. He was here only a year ago, so it's old news.
2. They were playing a team that had no affilliation with the city they were playing in. In Wellington the Wellington Phoenix played.
3. Related to that, the Phoenix were getting heaps of coverage with being a new team into the A-League.
4. Lots of Aucklanders made the trip down to Wellington last year to see that game, so had already done that.
5. The game was meaningless and was going to be crap. Women's U17 world cup was more worthwhile to go to.
[quote]
what I find hilarious about the entire situation is 2 weeks ago she posted a rant about Brendan Cole throwing his toys about not getting into La Zeppa

http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/spy-rachel-glucina/2008/11/26/brendan-cole-engaged-ladies-be-grateful/?c_id=1502179

If the doorman did recognise him from the telly, he wasn't showing it. This is New Zealand. The land of the long white wait with the others, dude. No red velvet rope special entry for local stars here. And so Cole waited.

Until, like a knight in shining armour but wielding a pen and a pad, a gossip columnist came to his rescue.



Brendan stormed in, but there was no "thanks Rachel"; no "appreciate that"; not even perhaps a more predictable "thank god someone recognised me at last!". Cole the tosser showed no form of gratitude whatsoever. He raced in, looked around for his friend, before sauntering off to pretend the whole embarrassing saga hadn't happened.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
[quote]
fuck me that is sad but A- Laughing


PS: Who is Brendan Cole?
[quote]
He's the sleezy judge off dancing with the stars who comes across really gay but slept with Nikki Watson.
[quote]
What's with Nicky Watson fucking gay guys?
[quote]
PFunk said:
What's with Nicky Watson fucking gay guys?


Laughing
[quote]
angeebabiee said:
He's the sleezy judge off dancing with the stars who comes across really gay but slept with Nikki Watson.


THE sleazy judge? There was only one?

Did he share a bed with NW or actually put his pekker in her vajayjay?
[quote]
pstu said:
angeebabiee said:
He's the sleezy judge off dancing with the stars who comes across really gay but slept with Nikki Watson.


THE sleazy judge? There was only one?

Did he share a bed with NW or actually put his pekker in her vajayjay?


Maybe he put his peepee in her anal-hole and taped a picture of Matthew Ridge onto the back of her head
[quote]
snowman said:
pstu said:
angeebabiee said:
He's the sleezy judge off dancing with the stars who comes across really gay but slept with Nikki Watson.


THE sleazy judge? There was only one?

Did he share a bed with NW or actually put his pekker in her vajayjay?


Maybe he put his peepee in her anal-hole and taped a picture of Matthew Ridge onto the back of her head


^^ Superb theory!