Biggie has New Zealand's most active message boards, we are a community of predominantly young people that thrive on entertainment and nightlife. Biggie values our community and will continue to see that it grows positively.
We prefer that moderators spend their time helping people to use the message boards effectively rather than having to clean up after others.
The following posting rules have been constructed through years of experience in managing the Biggie message boards and private messaging, although you may not always understand why moderation occurs these guidelines will attempt to outline the likely reasons.
When moderation occurs it is not your right to have the reason explained to you, we have our own checks and balances to ensure moderators maintain a high standard.
If you have any disputes you should email firstname.lastname@example.org, do NOT continue to create new threads in the message boards.
Reasons for moderation at our discretion
- Personal Information – We discourage the posting of any personal information on the public boards, please Private Message the intended recipient if need be.
- Personal Attacks – Play the ball not the man, Biggie has some great heated debates but you must keep to the topic, not resort to personal insults.
- Personal Issues – Biggie is a community with many members knowing each other offline. Biggie is NOT the place to air dirty laundry or make statements “for all to see.”
- Links – Links to questionable material including images or competing websites.
- Spam – There are two forms of spam, the first is a post for commerical gain from a party that is not a partner of Biggie. The second is a high volume of messages from any user that add no value to the community. Neither will be tolerated.
- Legal – We will remove anything that may put Biggie or the poster of that information in a negative legal position. We have a great deal of experience in what is a very serious matter.
- Questioning Moderators Decisions – We consider the questioning of our moderators actions to be the worst offence. The only way an issue will be discussed is by emailing email@example.com, repeated threads will be deleted and a ban considered.
Specific points of interest
- Spelling – Users are not to attack other for their spelling. Biggie is a nightlife and entertainment forum, not a university grammar test.
- Attacking new members – For Biggie and New Zealand’s nightlife to thrive, all newcomers are welcome and older members ganging up on them will not be tolerated.
Biggie Management is exempt from the above moderation and may promote partners outside those bounds, remove those that create issues for our moderation team or cause other such interruptions.
If the above rules are not met or a member is seen to constantly waste our moderators time it will result in a ban. You will usually receive one short term ban, if you continue the behaviour after being let back you are likely to face a permanent ban from the site.
Biggie amends these guidelines as it sees fit.